SUBMISSION DEADLINE: May 8, 2019 | 11:59pm ET
REMINDER: Review NAEA's Terms & Conditions Page and ensure your NAEA membership is current before submitting.
- You must have a current NAEA Membership.
[If you need assistance checking your membership status, please contact NAEA Member Services at 800-299-8321 or Members@arteducators.org]
- Submission fee of $8.
- Limit ONE submission per member.
- Submission must be made digitally through the 2019 NAEA Member Exhibition ArtCall Portal.
- Each submission must be accompanied by an Artist’s Statement: In 50 words or less, describe your creative process, what inspired this artwork, or why you believe that art matters.
- 2-D and 3-D works of any media will be accepted. [Size requirements (to include frame): Max. of 48" x 48".]
- Images of work must be submitted as a JPEG or PDF file. Image minimum length on longest side: 540 pixels | Image maximum length on longest side: 4600 pixels.
- If selected, 2-D works should be framed with the correct hardware for hanging. Canvases do not need to be framed, but must be ready to hang. 3-D works that need to be hung/mounted should be shipped in ready-to-hang condition and along with any special tools necessary for installation.
HOW TO SUBMIT:
- Click the REGISTER button in the top right corner of this page to create an ArtCall profile.
If you've submitted to an NAEA exhibit through ArtCall in the past, log in with your existing ArtCall login credentials.
- Click the "New Submission" button.
- Enter your submission details and credit card payment information for the submission fee of $8
- Upload an image of your artwork.
- Receive a confirmation e-mail after you complete the submission process.
- Submission deadline: May 8, 2019 at 11:59pm ET.
- Up to 60 works will be selected for exhibition at the NAEA Studio & Gallery and up to an additional 60 works will be featured in the NAEA Virtual Gallery on the NAEA website.
- Each submission will be reviewed in the five areas below by a select number of jurors and scored on a star rating scale of 1-5 stars (1 being the lowest and 5 being the highest). The total stars awarded by each juror will be averaged for an overall score value.
- Originality and Uniqueness
- Clarity and Meaning
- Innovation and Creativity
- Material Usage and Medium Application
- Quality and Craftsmanship
- Notification e-mails will be sent on May 23, 2019.
- Members whose artwork is selected for feature in the NAEA Virtual Gallery will receive a separate e-mail notification.
DETAILS FOR JURIED-IN WORKS:
This information applies only to works selected for inclusion in the exhibition.
Each member whose work is juried into the gallery exhibition will receive an letter of recognition, a certificate of participation, and a press release to share with local media.
- If selected, 2-D works must framed with the correct hardware for hanging. Canvases do not need to be framed, but must be ready to hang. 3-D works that need to be hung/mounted should be shipped in ready-to-hang condition and along with any special tools necessary for installation.
- If selected for inclusion in the gallery exhibit, the artwork must be mailed with sufficient RETURN POSTAGE, or delivered in person to:
NAEA, 901 Prince Street, Alexandria, VA 22314
- All selected works must be received no later than June 12, 2019.
Contact Heather Overvold, NAEA Web and Communications Design Manager at HRose@arteducators.org